To develop and oversee an AHIA professional communication and publication program that supports the AHIA mission, helps demonstrate its leadership in the healthcare internal audit profession and is responsive to professional needs of its members.
The Publications Committee is responsible for:
- Developing and recommending strategic direction of publications to support the professional guidance and reference needs of AHIA members .
- Recommending to the AHIA Board of Directors (BOD) new publications/content to be funded, partnered, etc.
- Ensuring the appropriate level of quality assurance through the communication and publication program.
- Ensuring financial budget expectations for the Publication’s subcommittees are met.
- Supporting the objectives of the Editorial, E-News, and White Paper Subcommittees.
The Publications Committee will conduct committee business through four quarterly meetings annually either in person or through conference calls. The Committee voting will be through consensus unless majority vote of the full Committee is required.
AHIA Publications Committee Members shall be responsible for:
- Attending and actively participating in a majority of the Committee meetings and participating in recommendations to the BOD for AHIA Publications.
- Supporting BOD direction to the subcommittees.
- Recommending agenda items for each meeting.
- Providing strategic direction, input and ideas to the subcommittees as to type of media, journals or publications, budgets and providing other feedback as required.
- Volunteering for additional responsibilities or special projects, as required.
1. Understand AHIA member reference needs
2. Ensure Continuity of Purpose / Presence / Quality across all AHIA publications in line with Board strategy/directives
3. Develop annual themes for general consideration across all considerations in line with Board strategy/directives
4. Expand the nature and timing of “professional content” available to AHIA members for each of the next three years
5. Ensure budget neutrality or revenue excess across all publications, excluding approved “seed” funding
This opportunity is a year-long commitment.